Guys,

It would be real nice to have that finances to build the ultimate backup
solution, but alas there are always compromises.

I have implemented roaming profiles in a Windows environment and the
immediate impact has been a huge increase in the amount of data in users
home directories and hence I now have a backup capacity problem.

Presently I'm thinking that I'll create an "except profile" selector for the
home volume to bring things back to where they were prior to implementing
roaming profiles.

I guess the issue is restore in the event of failure and what I lose by not
keeping a backup of profiles.

I'd be interested to hear opinions as to whether its reasonable to NOT
backup user profiles, given that it is already in more than one place as it
is.

Cheers,  Malcolm

                       Information Alchemy Pty Ltd
                             ACN 089 239 305
                           Canberra, Australia

Malcolm McLeary                                  Mobile:   0412 636 086
Managing Director                                Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     This message was sent using Outlook Express 5.0 for Macintosh.