There *is* a small price difference between the VXA-1 and the M2. ;-)

The VXA is priced against DAT and performs favorably. It also does well in
the price/performance game against DLT 4000 and AIT Plus drives. It doesn't
really compete with the M2, nor is it intended to.

Eric Ullman
Dantz Development