Is it possible to manually remove a driver that is loaded on boot up?

I have found that my new CD-Recordable drive automagically gets the
".AppleCD" Driver installed for it so that Retrospect ignores it.
However, after I burn a CD with Toast, and go into Retrospect I can
then use the CD-R for backups!

So, I know this is possible to do, I am wondering if there is a way
for me to do it by selecting some SCSI ID and forcing the driver

My system is a Powermac 7200, 104Mb Ram, Mac OS 8.6, All SCSI Id's in
use... the CD-R is a "Panasonic/Matsushita CW-7502B"