Patrick wrote:

>Well, I bought that option with exactly your thought in mind, and
>although others may have had better experiences, I have been very
>disappointed. Backing up large amounts of data whether through Retrospect
>or the Finder have been EXTREMELY slow, and none of the tips that anyone
>has offered have worked out.

Ditto. Apple's drive is half the speed of SCSI DVD-RAM drives. It can
take hours to fill one side. :-(

OTOH, we now have a convenient way of archiving design jobs that wouldn't
fit on CD-R.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

 - Macintosh: Love bug resistant, always Y2K ready