>> Apple has said that Mac OS X Server, as it exists it today, will be replaced
>> by a new one based on their upcoming Mac OS X release. We are planning on
>> supporting Mac OS X, and the new Mac OS X Server, with a new Carbonized
>> release of Retrospect and the Retrospect Client currently in development. We
>> have been participating in Apple's Developer Kitchens for Mac OS X, and we
>> plan to ship at the same time as Mac OS X.
>> Eric Ullman
>> Dantz Development
> does this mean a unix client for other OS's will be in the works? :-)
> -jon (who has been asking for this for about 4 years now)

    Here at Wild Brain we could really use a client that backs up other unix
variants. We already have a whole mess of linux boxes just waiting for an
elegant yet cost effective solution, and we're looking to build a render
farm based on x86 linux... And personally, I've got the odd BSD boxen that
could use it as well...

    FWIW, we have a developer subscription with Apple (and therefore DPs of
OSX), and would be most interested in beta testing either client or server,
if such assistance should be needed...

Ed Hintz
Geek Guy