>> Apple has said that Mac OS X Server, as it exists it today, will be replaced
>> by a new one based on their upcoming Mac OS X release. We are planning on
>> supporting Mac OS X, and the new Mac OS X Server, with a new Carbonized
>> release of Retrospect and the Retrospect Client currently in development. We
>> have been participating in Apple's Developer Kitchens for Mac OS X, and we
>> plan to ship at the same time as Mac OS X.
>>
>> Eric Ullman
>> Dantz Development
>
> does this mean a unix client for other OS's will be in the works? :-)
>
> -jon (who has been asking for this for about 4 years now)

    Here at Wild Brain we could really use a client that backs up other unix
variants. We already have a whole mess of linux boxes just waiting for an
elegant yet cost effective solution, and we're looking to build a render
farm based on x86 linux... And personally, I've got the odd BSD boxen that
could use it as well...

    FWIW, we have a developer subscription with Apple (and therefore DPs of
OSX), and would be most interested in beta testing either client or server,
if such assistance should be needed...

;-)

Regards,

Ed Hintz