I can't pinpoint this problem and I hope maybe one of you have seen it. I
have about 100 G3 or imac computers and this problem is only affecting 1
Blue and White G3. The scenario is that the user puts the computer in
Shutdown mode and leaves the computer with the bouncing retrospect logo
running. The computer gets backed up with a script set to not shutdown the
computer. The next morning the user comes in and the retrospect logo is
still bouncing (which is correct), but the mouse and keyboard are
unresponsive. We have to pull the plug or hit the power switch to reboot,
then the user gets the "you didn't shut me down properly" message.

Any ideas on why the keyboard and mouse become unresponsive.

I have tried having retrospect shutdown the computer with a shutdown
script, but that seems to crash the computer as well.

Thoughts?

TIA

-- "I tried, but it didn't work" is a lot better than "I wish I'd tried."

        Gary R. Bernstein                     Manager of System Services
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]                College of Fine & Applied Arts
        217-333-8297