Paul Mackinney of Dantz e-mailed me this method which works.

If you are restoring files to a volume that has newer versions of some
of the same files, and you don't want to replace new with old, this will work:

>> 1. Preview the restore of the old version using the Replace Corresponding
>> destination setting. Leave the Files Chosen window open with all files
>> marked (checked).
>> 2. Go to Configure>Volumes and browse the destination. Select All and Copy.
>> 3. Switch to the restore's Files Chosen browser. Paste. All corresponding
>> files will be highlighted. Unmark.
>> 4. Restore. None of the existing files will be overwritten because you're
>> not restoring any of them.

top of the world,

Luke Jaeger, Technology Coordinator
Disney Magazine Publishing
Northampton, Massachusetts

Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and may not represent
the opinions of Disney Publishing, etc etc etc.