on 3/7/2000 11:49 PM, Andre Mueller at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello
> This may be an out off topic question, but I have used Retrospect for
> years in network environments and have switched recently to a Linux
> based file server. As far as I can see, there is no available product on
> the market that supports a Linux backup-server with possible MacOS
> networked clients. As Retrospect is really great I would like to see
> also a Linux version of Retrospect Server Backup Software. Is there any
> intention in this direction?

I would think that this would come after, or along side the MacOS X version.
It would be the most sensible way as I assume (Stop me if I am wrong) but
the actual Retrospect engine would be written as a BSD Daemon. This should
be fairly trivial to port to Linux.

The only difference would be the front end.

Matthew Healey

    Matthew Healey
    Western Orthopaedic Clinic

    Phone: +61 (08) 9423 8844