on 7/13/00 8:00 PM, retro-talk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm not sure it's going to happen. I've been *begging* for this for over a
> year.
>
> I'd LOVE to know, given a set of circumstances (such as number of clients,
> backup sessions, backup set size, processor speed, number of processors,
> etc), what kind of performance I might expect.
>
> It would help when preparing to purchase Retrospect for Windows servers...
>
> As it is, I somewhat blindly chose rather "huge" servers (and blindly chose
> the number of servers) to ensure maximum performance (minimum file matching
> times, etc).
>
> How do I know if I went overboard? I don't, but I spent a *bundle* of money
> just to ensure I didn't undershoot my goals.
>
> Brad.

A simple database with a web interface of sorts would be easy to set up for
this purpose.

If anybody is interested, I may have some free time to work on something
over the next month and a half or so.

--
Seth D. Mattinen  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://roller.reno.nv.us/
PGP Key: http://seth.mattinen.org/pgp.php