It uses the "Retrospect Event handler" which is in the AppleScript utilities
folder. It is a separate program that runs in the background.

The instructions for setting it up start on Page 193 of the Retrospect
User's Guide for version 4.2.

You don't have to know anything about using AppleScript to set it up.

Pretty simple!

Jeff Johnson
System Administrator
Just Partners