Serge

>Please, WHERE is that automatic e-mail feature in retrospect?

It uses an AppleScript to accept/intercept messages from Retrospect and to send email
from a local email client. Look (as I recall) in the additions / extras / addons
folder in the Retrospect Folder and also check the manual.

A local email server is pretty much essential unless your net connection picks up very
fast. It requires a bit of setting up, but once done the email notification is
excellent.

This assumes that you are using a Macintosh server. I do not know about Windows.