We are seeing a lot of 541 errors on only a few Macs (an 8200, 7200s
and a 7100 - the 8200 produces these errors every couple of weeks).

The 541 error (client not installed or not running) keeps recurring on
these machines - investigating the retrospect control panel reveals
that a "mouse button was held down at system startup" - this is NOT
true and no amount of restarting will cure the problem.  What does
cure the problem though, is a reinstall of the client (v4.2).

So, my questions are (1) why does this keep happening? and (2) how do
I prevent this?

Toby Blake
Computing Officer
University of Edinburgh