I have a server on a three week tape rotation that recycles a set of
15 tapes. I want to start setting aside the occasional initial back
up for long-term purposes. The backup script will handle replacing
the members with new tapes, but I'm concerned about the catalogs. If
I want to retrieve something from a very old backup I think that I'll
have to re-catalog the tapes, which is a long process. Is there a
straight-forward way to preserve the catalog as well as the set-aside
tapes?

Also my backup sets only seem to have one snapshot for each initial
full backup. There are no snapshots created with the incremental
backups. Can I get these generated automatically?
--
Ben Lawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  I.T. Manager, FCB Canada Ltd.