Actually Retrospect did not change the way we back up folders larger than 2
gigs. Retrospect 4.3 adds support for file Backup Sets larger than 2 gigs.
We really did not make changes that directly relate to AppleShare servers.

It sounds like you upgraded to MacOS 9.0.4 and ASIP 6.3.2 at the same time
you upgraded Retrospect. It is possible that changes made to ASIP 6.3.2 and
OS 9.0.4 made for an overall happier configuration.

Robin Mayoff