Malcolm McLeary ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) recycled some electrons by writing:

> I'd suggest that you now have Retrospect set to Quit on completion of
> scripts where previously you had it set to keep running.

Currently it is set to quit, and it was set to quit on the old machine as
well.

> How would you like to be notified?

On MacOS 8.6 I used to get a modal dialog appearing on the screen after I
moved the mouse that said that the back up was successful. I'd dismiss this
dialog, and another would appear telling me that a tape was needed for the
next back up. My current server is OS 9, so I'm guessing that I should be
getting those nifty new yellow notification manager alerts, that are
modeless, but I'm not getting them.

Stewart