Stewart Macdonald (that's me!) recycled some electrons by writing:

> I'm running Retrospect 4.2 on a Mac G4 server. We had an older version of
> Retrospect on a G3 server, and every morning when I checked the computer,
> when I moved the mouse, Retrospect would put up a dialog box telling me that
> the script executed successfully, and then I needed to put a new tape in.
> But on this version, I don't get these reminders, so I have to manually
> launch Retrospect to check the log. I don't like doing this, because I don't
> like launching applications on the server when people are using it, just in
> case it crashes (yes, Macs do crash!!).
> I have the little "Notify for Failures and Media" option selected, and I had
> assumed that this would notify me, but no notification do I receive.
> What have I done wrong?

I'm sure many of you have been up all night worried about my little problem,
so I thought I'd let y'all know that the messages on one of my servers
started showing themselves today. I haven't changed anything on the server
recently, and the messages haven't show themselves for the past 4 months,
but they're now out and about, so I guess that's the main thing.

| Stewart Macdonald                  |    Cannon Hill Anglican College |
| Computer Guy                       | Brisbane, Queensland, AUSTRALIA |