Hello everyone,

Can I ask your help on this problem which is perplexing me. I installed
Retrospect Backup Express on my Windows2000 Professional workstation and
configured it to backup to a network drive (Windows NT 4 Server). I can
manually use Retrospect to backup to this network drive. However, when I use
scheduling to backup weekly to this network drive, Retrospect returns an
error message of "destination unknown". I know this is a Windows2000 problem
because after a minute or so, there would be a red X across my network drive
icon - indicating that this drive is "disconnected" from the network. When I
double-click on the "Red X-ed" network drive icon, I can access it but after
another minute of inactivity (that is, I am not accessing this drive), the
red X would appear again.
I have searched the Microsoft support WebPages, including the TechNet
WebPages. I even went through my Microsoft TechNet CDs and there does not
appear to be a solution to this problem.
I must also add that this problem does not occur on my Windows 98 and NT 4
Workstation machines.

Thank you in advance for all your help and recommendations.

Regards,

Edward Kwan

Children's Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research
Sydney Children's Hospital
High Street
Randwick
N.S.W 2031
Australia

Telephone:  (+612) 9382 1824
Facsimile:  (+612) 9382 1850
Pager: 42637
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
This email and the files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not permitted to distribute or use this message or any of
its attachments in any way. We also request that you advise the sender of the
incorrect addressing.

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no
computer viruses were detected, South East Health accepts no liability for any
consequential damage resulting from email containing any computer viruses.