>However our company has grown some over time and the use of CD-R is no longer
>a real option as it takes too long to do a full backup of the 30GB or so of
>data on the LAN.

I like VXA. Tapes hold 33 MB before compression, although I haven't hit
that level on my home network -- probably due to slow 6100s and Quadras
not able to send data fast enough. Cost for the drive ranges from $600 to
$1200+, depending on the deal you manage to find. Tapes are $80 each.

At work, we use AIT, which has a native capacity of 25 GB and averages
about 35 GB compressed. AIT seems to work better backing up older, slower
Macs on the network. I've never run *under* the tapes rated capacity, as
I did with my first VXA tape at home. Cost of drives is much higher
($2000+). Tapes are about $80, also.

I have no experience with DLT.

Dan Knight, IS manager/webmaster              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

  Macs for productivity, Unix for stability, Windows for solitaire