My understanding is (and some of you Win 2000 folks can correct me if I'm
wrong) that the Windows 2000 registry is made up of more data files than the
registry in Win NT. Dantz's Registry Backup Manager is not designed to back
up the Win 2000 registry hives.

Retrospect 5.x _is_ able to back up (and restore) the Win 2000 registry helper app necessary.

Eric Ullman
Dantz Development