I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.
To run a full bu it takes about 3 DLT4000 tapes (approx. 90GB). I only have one DLT drive, and during the initial full backup I have to come in twice to change tapes. It would be nice to have another two drives....
If I misunderstood, sorry, but please explain.

Thanks, Ben

Dan O'Donnell wrote:
As you point out, it appears that the size of the catalog is the bottleneck. Changing the cycle from 1 month to 2 weeks (approx.) would be better, but why do you have to set it up to change on a weekend. Why not set it to break on the Monday following the weekend, or some other arrangement that is convenient?