Thanks for the tips. Here's a few more details....
It only happens on the one client, and there is another one on the same hub
that has no trouble at all.  The client has two drives that need backing up
and the trouble seems to be worse on drive d:\, but it sometimes happens on
c:\ as well. There is anoter message that showed up in the log that I think
may be related:
           necoIncoming: unowned packet, tid 26,159
           necoIncoming: non-stream packet too large: -227,283,818
This happened after completing the copy of one of the disks, but before the
verify. verify errored with a 515.

I tried the easiest fix of the ones you suggest, swapping ports on the hub,
and if it works, well that would be great. If not, I can always escalate to
the cable and then the card, etc. I have plans to replace the hub soon, and
that may be sooner, rather than later....

Irena Solomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/13/2000 01:54:50 PM

Please respond to "retro-talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>