Can anyone explain this error from my log?

     12/12/2000 7:31:11 AM: Comparing Drive D (D:) on ELC_Production
          Can't initialize source, error -515 (Piton protocol violation)
     12/12/2000 7:31:11 AM: Execution incomplete
 I read the help and it says that there may be a network problem, but
everything seems to be OK on the box. This is going through a router, and
that may be an issue. anyone have tips for isolating the problem?