>I've just wasted a couple of hours looking for a CDRW drive sold in
>the UK that supports packet-writing. None of the distributors I have
>spoken to even know what packet-writing is!
>
>If anyone knows of such a drive please can they let us all know?
>
>Specifically, we need an external USB CDRW drive that supports
>packet-writing (and so Retrospect) and that is sold in the UK

I posted on this earlier this month. The closest drive I've found is
the Yamaha 8824, which is Mac compatible but connects via SCSI2 or
Firewire. I must confess I wasn't looking for USB devices when I was
researching.

The Yamaha drive is available from MacWarehouse.

hth

Keith
--
Keith Barker, Graphic & Web Designer