on 12/18/00 7:25 AM, Rob Findlay at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A client whose imac I recently added the Retro client to has complained of
> instability since it was added. He has the configuration above. I am
> thinking of upgrading him to OS 9.04 anyway but is there any known conflict
> with OS 8.1 or IP net router?

You might have them check the preferences in the Retro client to see if it's
taking over the CPU during backups...I've had better success setting the
"priority" slider to the halfway point rather than all the way to the right,
which is the default. This is one instance when being on the right is not
the best option...

Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>