on 12/22/00 6:16 PM, Jeffrey Travis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Does anybody know of a workaround for getting Retrospect clients to
> work on an Apple Airport network that uses a software base station?
> The Apple Airport site says that Retrospect may not work with NAT,
> used by the Airport Software base station. It says that port-mapping
> may work, but doesn't go any further.

If the Airport base station is set to act as a DHCP server for the wireless
clients, then the IP address of the client will quite possibly change on a
fairly regular basis. If you want to do backups of wireless clients, you'd
be much better of setting up the AirPort as a bridge instead of a NAT
router. We backup several laptops this way, and it works well...though it
does hammer the wireless bandwidth pretty hard!

Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>