I'm evaluating Retrospect for Windows and I have a couple of questions:

1. It appears that there's no way to do a stand-alone verify process (not
the verify under "tools" which only verifies the integrity of the backup
set). With most backup software, you can run a separate compare job. This
is useful if the backup job terminated during the verify step, or if you
forgot to turn on the verify option. Am I correct that this feature is not
available with Retrospect?

2. I would like to know what peoples' experiences are with disaster
recovery using retrospect. I see that it does not have a method for
restoring using a boot diskette. So, you have to install the operating
system and then restore? Does that work pretty well? Does the registry get
restored correctly?