At 11:53 -0500 1/25/01, Parthenon West wrote:
>Apple is now installing the Pioneer DVR-A03 DVD recorder in it's
>machines.  I've read a lot of articles about the drive, but NO ONE
>mentions burning computer data on it, just music and movies!

I don't know how this affects data writing/reading, but you might
want to read this:

<http://cryptome.org/jg-wwwcp.htm>

"...What is wrong is when companies who make copy-protecting products
don't disclose the restrictions to the consumers.  Like Apple's
recent happy-happy web pages on their new DVD-writing drive,
announced this month (http://www.apple.com/idvd/)..."

>Will Dantz support it?

Eric announced that Dantz would be supporting the drive and that
"It's a VERY high priority"

--
-Steve

---