Don't know if this applies to you, but I had this problem after a PC client machine
had files copied from a Mac using a PC Zip disk.  The Mac creates a "RESOURCE.FRK"
folder with the hidden attribute set to contain the resource forks.
When Retrospect attempts to backup this folder, the error -43 occurs. The user in
question had copied the entire zip disk to a folder on the PC's hard drive.

To eliminate the errors, set the view options to see hidden files, and then look for
folders named "RESOURCE.FRK" and delete them.  While your at it, you can also delete
the other files/folders that the Mac created ("Finder.dat", "dektop.db", etc.)

Hope this helps.

/PC

--
Philip Chonacky, IT Manager