Erik Grinaker wrote:

So I actually think that using multiple data files, as you're doing now,
is both simpler and more elegant than adding lots of cruft (code-wise
and UI-wise) to basically achieve the same effect.

Using two files is certainly simpler, code-wise, but IMO it's less elegant. Elegance does not automatically outweigh simplicity, though, and I think you're right in that it would be too much effort.

Anyway, I'll give some more thought to the whole memory issue - maybe
I'll find a better way to handle it.

Good luck.  In my limited crypto experience, it doesn't seem possible.

Tony