Comment #3 on issue 1835 by dmitry.nezhevenko: Update Djblets' versions of
jQuery and jQuery UI
http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=1835
Hi,
The issue is that using "embedded" copy of well-known JavaScript library
violates Debian policy. JQuery and most of surround libraries are already
packaged. For example jQuery-UI:
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libjs-jquery-ui
And since it's already packaged, all new packages are required to use it
instead of embedded versions.
The same happens with all other code from third-parties (python modules,
shared libraries, etc). That's why I'm packaging 1.7 instead of stable
release. Just because version 1.6 uses too old version of Django.
As about jQuery. I'm looking to it right now. Even if I'll not be able to
fix everything, I'll share my patch. Maybe it'll be useful for somebody who
can continue this work.
Thanks a lot
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"reviewboard-issues" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard-issues?hl=en.