manage.py loaddata/dumpdata don't scale. Instead, use contrib/db/load-db.py
and contrib/db/backup-db.py.

Dean, you should be able to use setup.py these days. I'm going to update the
wiki pretty soon with the new instructions. I don't think you'll have any
problems, since it will pretty much just override the existing files.

setup.py, unlike the configure/make solution, doesn't generate web server
config files to use as a base. I'm developing a script that will help
generate this and set up a directory structure, but it's not there yet. You
can still run ./configure && make to generate files in contrib/conf/ to use
as a base for the time being, though.

Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VMware, Inc.