loaddata/dumpdata don't scale. Instead, use contrib/db/
and contrib/db/

Dean, you should be able to use these days. I'm going to update the
wiki pretty soon with the new instructions. I don't think you'll have any
problems, since it will pretty much just override the existing files., unlike the configure/make solution, doesn't generate web server
config files to use as a base. I'm developing a script that will help
generate this and set up a directory structure, but it's not there yet. You
can still run ./configure && make to generate files in contrib/conf/ to use
as a base for the time being, though.

Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VMware, Inc.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Joseph Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I do not think we ran any install scripts for reviewboard when
> > following the Getting Started and Ubuntu instructions... So I have
> > some questions:
> > 1) Can I run "" or "" now without damaging the data
> > we have been playing with?
> I'm pretty sure the anwser is yes, but you should probably back up the
> data anyways. I think installing via is necessary for
> mod_python. I've been playing around using fast_cgi and lighttpd.
> > 2) If not, what might I have missed in the instructions to create the
> > reviewboard.settings and sample apache2 conf files?
> >
> > 3) Once we have worked with Reviewboard for a bit and decided we want
> > to move it into production, what procedure I can use to export our
> > data from sqlite in order to migrate it to mysql?
> I haven't done this but dumpdata and loaddata
> looks promising. More information can be found:
> Joseph

To post to this group, send email to