We did just that about a month ago. If you update your copies of djblets and reviewboard, you'll notice that subsequent views for large diffs are much, much better.
-David On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Mike Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hi, > > I've been running review board for a few months now, and it's diff > performance is lacking. I can understand how it takes a while the > first time, but it doesn't seem to be caching large diffs properly. > > I tried using memcached and whatnot, but it's too big for memcached > (objects sizes are maxed at 1 mb for memcached and to change it, one > needs to compile their own version with a hack). > > Here's the output from memcached: > <25 set localhost:8060:diff-sidebyside-2552 1 2592000 1513712 >>25 SERVER_ERROR object too large for cache > > It takes a good 30 seconds to load each page of the diff (there are > 5). And each time they're reloaded it seems to be running the diff > again. > > Perhaps I'm mistaken, but the diff's aren't cached on disk, right? > Are there any plans on doing this in the future, or even need for it > other than my own? (I'd consider making a patch for this in my spare > time if this would be useful to others than myself). > > Another solution would be just making <1mb chunks of files and storing > that into memcached. > > Thanks, > Mike Lewis > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
