I upgraded from 1522 to 1570 per your suggestion.  Memcached seems to
be working properly now (after I found a work around for why it was
trying to use my home directory for the htdocs).

Viewing a page of diff went from like 30 seconds to 5-10 seconds or
so.  It's still rather slow IMO.  Is this just an issue with python?

-Mike