Hi!

I'm really excited to get reviewboard up and running and sneak it into
my organization.

I'm installing on an ubuntu Ibex 8.10 server, using svn review-board
and python-django ubuntu package version 1.0-1ubuntu1.  I've gotten
the system working with sqlite3 when run from the built-in webserver,
but can't get it to work via apache2.  I've setup reviewboard as a
virtual host on port 81.  When I connect, I get a message "Manual
server updates required."  manage.py syncdb doesn't seem to change
things.

I am running directly out of the svn check-out, without python
setup.py build/install

How can I easily find what is failing when I load http://localhost:81/
?  There isn't anything useful in the apache2 error log.  I assume
it's probably a problem with loading the python modules or read/write
permissions?

Thanks for any pointers you can give me to help get this ironed out.

--spaz

Versions:

willamette% svn up

Fetching external item into 'djblets'
External at revision 11906.

Fetching external item into 'django_evolution'
External at revision 164.

Fetching external item into 'htdocs/media/djblets'
External at revision 11906.

At revision 1570.

willamette% dpkg -s python-django

Package: python-django

apache2 configuration:
<VirtualHost *:81>
    ServerName willamette.rubicorp.com
    DocumentRoot /home/me/sandbox/reviewboard/htdocs

    # Error handlers
    ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/500.html

    # Serve django pages
    <Location "/">

        PythonPath "['/home/me/sandbox','/home/me/sandbox/
reviewboard', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages' ] + sys.path"
        SetEnv PYTHON_EGG_CACHE /home/me/sandbox/reviewboard
        SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE reviewboard.settings
        SetHandler mod_python
        PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
        PythonAutoReload Off
        PythonDebug On
        # If you run multiple mod_python sites in the same apache
        # instonce, uncomment this line:
        # PythonInterpreter reviewboard
    </Location>

    # Serve static media without running it through mod_python
    # (overrides the above)
    <Location "/media">
        SetHandler None
    </Location>
    <Location "/errordocs">
        SetHandler None
    </Location>

    Alias /media     /home/me/sandbox/reviewboard/htdocs/media
    Alias /errordocs /home/me/sandbox/reviewboard/htdocs/errordocs
</VirtualHost>

/home/me/sandbox/reviewboard/reviewboard.settings.py contains:
DATABASE_ENGINE='sqlite3'
DATABASE_NAME='reviewboard.sqlite'

permissions:

willamette% pwd
/home/me/sandbox
willamette% ls -l reviewboard -d
drwxrwxrwx 22 www-data me 4096 2008-11-12 14:22 reviewboard
willamette% ls -l reviewboard/reviewboard*
-rw-r--r-- 1  me me        1867 2008-11-11 16:59 reviewboard/
reviewboard.settings.py
-rw-rw-rw- 1 www-data   me      340992 2008-11-12 14:10 reviewboard/
reviewboard.sqlite