Sorry if the word "baseline" is confusing--now it seems like it's the wrong word to use.
What I mean is that I'd like to see the cumulative effect of all diffs, because as I mentioned in the example workflow, it's necessary and important at the end of the iterations to ignore the intermediate diffs and see a single diff as if all the diffs were committed at once. On Nov 7, 3:03 pm, "Jeff Andros" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > It sounds like he means the perforce baseline concept... meaning the > youngest common ancestor node in the revision tree > Jeff > O|||||||O > > Help me and the Leukemia and Lymphoma society fight blood > cancers:http://pages.teamintraining.org/dm/tucson08/jandros > > On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Christian Hammond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote: > > > I'm confused as to what the problem is. When you say baseline, you mean > > what's in the repository? Just use the "Jump to revision" for that. Clicking > > "View Diff" will take you to the most recent diff, which compares against > > what's in the repository. > > > If that's not what you mean, can you explain your definition of baseline? > > > Christian > > > -- > > Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > VMware, Inc. > > > On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Geoffrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > >> Hi all. I feel it's pretty essential to compare updated diffs with > >> baseline, but I can't find any mentioning of it in this group or the > >> bug tracker. > > >> What I mean is this: suppose you have two diffs in a review request. > >> Right now you'll see this in the diff view: > > >> Jump to revision: 1 2 > >> Changes between r2 and: 1 2 > > >> If you click 1 and 2 in the second row, you get the interdiff. > > >> But what I want to see is the diff between 2 and 1's baseline. > > >> Why? Think of the workflow: > >> 1) Developer posted diff 1 to be reviewed. > >> 2) Reviewer noticed a problem. > >> 3) Developer posted diff 2 to address it. > >> 4) Reviewer is ok with the second change, but now s/he wants to see > >> the combined effect: how will baseline change once all the changes are > >> committed? > > >> This is more obvious when you have many iterations. In the end you > >> don't care about the interdiffs any more because you have already > >> worked through them. You want to check the total diff between baseline > >> and last revision for a final review. > > >> I think it makes sense to change the diff view to only one line: > > >> Changes between: 0 1 2 > > >> It's more intuitive than the current two-line view, and you can > >> compare arbitrary versions. > > >> If this makes sense, how difficult is it to implement? > > >> Thanks a lot! --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
