Sorry for the slow response, I've been busy.

We actually have hundreds of repositories and use HTTP which isn't
always kind. I'll admit that we have some less than ideal solutions in
place that could contribute to it being slower than a small shop but
even if it took a half second per request it's still possible that we
could be waiting over 50 seconds (considering 100 repositories) per
post-review. I'm willing to take the effort to make these changes but
I'm moreso interested in whether these changes would be excepted
upstream or whether they conflict with the maintainers view of reviewboard.