Hello, developing team!

Our company RunToShop has an internal Review Board installed (Review
Board 1.0 beta 2) for our developers. Therefore besides native Web
site authentication provided by Review Board I have protected the
system with "Secure Area" access for entire /reviews location. The
problem I got immediately with post-review is that it prompts me User/
Password dialog in command line whenever it tries to commit the
changes to /api/json/... That is not convenient at all with Automating
post-review in svn hooks, as I basically can not prefill the
authentication dialog running the post-review command automatically. I
was looking for the solution for my problem in the net, but
unfortunately did not see any similar posts about the issue.

The temperary solution I have found so far by myself is to modify post-
review.py itself in RBTools-0.2beta1 egg: http_get and http_post
methods. I have altered request parameter with Authorization header
before it gets read by urllib2.

Will the issue I have just described with "Secure Area" can be solved
in nearest future? Or maybe there are already some solutions exist?

Thank you

Slava Kurkov

Helsinki Finland