I just discovered that git client in ReviewBoard isn't usable in my
installation (an usual Apache/FastCGI/Django-1.0.2/RB-1.0postRC1). The
problem is in this code fragment in reviewboard/scmtools/git.py:

        for dir in os.environ['PATH'].split(os.environ.get('IFS', ':')):
            if os.path.exists(os.path.join(dir, 'git')):
                found = True
        if not found:
            # This is technically not the right kind of error, but it's the
            # pattern we use with all the other tools.
            raise ImportError

In my setup (I didn't do anything special, I swear! :) ) os.environ contains
only these values (dumped from the point immediately preceding the check):

environ={'TZ': 'Asia/Dhaka', 'PYTHON_EGG_CACHE':
'/var/www/webapps/reviewboard/tmp/egg_cache', 'DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE':

Despite such a crippled environment settings git runs just fine
(from /usr/bin/), so I guess it's some Django/FastCGI "security measures".

I'm going to remove the check above or at least make it actually check git

Alexey Morozov