Hi Rupert, There's not a "one click" for this, but you can post existing revisions up for review using post-review. See:
http://www.review-board.org/docs/manual/dev/users/tools/post-review/#posting-committed-code I don't know if that plugin and Review Board could work together. I know it doesn't today, and I imagine it'd be best to keep that plugin around for simple code review integration in Trac and for someone to write a new one that's Review Board-specific. There are no current plans to write this, but if someone else did I'd love to see it :) Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.review-board.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:51 AM, rupert.thurner <[email protected]>wrote: > > with much interest i found reviewboard. when starting newly reviewing > existing code would be a really great option. is there any guideline > to a "one click review my existing code" (or "one command") ? > > i found one plugin into edgewall trac: > http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/PeerReviewPlugin/Screenshots, > but i am unsure if trac and reviewboard could work together (or, if it > even makes sense that they do ...). > > rupert. > > On Jul 3 2008, 6:07 am, "Christian Hammond" <[email protected]> > wrote: > > Hi Jon. > > > > Love the title of your blog :) > > > > Though we don't advertise it nearly as much, Review Board can post review > > requests of already committed code. The web UI doesn't have support for > this > > (yet) but the command line post-review tool does. You can specify a > revision > > range to put up for review and people can review that. > > > > In time, probably after extensions support goes in, I envision a small > > repository browser that lets you easily put committed code up for review. > > But in the meantime, post-review is your best option. If you check the > wiki, > > there's some documentation on using post-review in this way. > > > > Christian > > > > -- > > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > > VMware, Inc. > > > > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM, jon <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > Hi all, > > > > > After fully installing and reviewing reviewboard today, I realized > > > that this product is kind of the opposite of what I'm looking for > > > because my development model is a bit different than the one that this > > > product supports. Instead of creating a patch and waiting for my co- > > > workers to review it, I'd rather see a system where reviews are done > > > on already committed code and there is a workflow around that system > > > instead. To keep this email short, I just wrote a blog posting > > > detailing my issues: > > > > >http://lookfirst.com/2008/07/code-reviews.html > > > > > I'd love to hear the experts here comment on my views. > > > > > thanks, > > > > > jon > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
