Christian,

Thanks for the reply. It's a subversion repository.

lets say the URL for the top of my project is 'http://subversionserver:
8888/projects/trunk/top/myproject' - this is how I've define the
repository to reviewboard webapp.
I've checked out everything under 'http://subversionserver:8888/
projects/trunk/top' and set the subversion property 'reviewboard:url'
to the reviewboard webapp URL for folder 'myproject'.

I've then done:
   cd myproject (local checked out SVN copy).
   post-review.py

Paul