The clearcase support relies on the extended path notation through the
clearcase filesystem and uses cleartool to query the view. I'd never
heard of CCRC before, but anything involving Clearcase and the word
'remote' can't possibly be a good thing. Do you have any more details
on how this tools works? Does it ultimately provide an interface to
cleartool, or is it a completely different, incompatible interface?

Christian: FYI, Clearcase doesn't really have any concept of a remote
server, akin to svn et al. You have your machine configured on a local
network with a clearcase server, and you have one or more 'VOBs' that
are basically repositories. You create a snapshot or dynamic 'view'
locally that presents the file tree in a directory. You can't really
just switch to another clearcase server, if there are multiple ones on
your network. And the only easy way to access different versions of a
file is through a weird extension to the filesystem where you can
specify the version as a path (e.g. foo/bar.c@@\main\branch\37)

Dan