Maybe this is a CVS specific issue?

I know add file/diffs works for svn (and my SCM backend which I've added
support for to ReviewBoard but it is a closed source SCM).

Maybe take a look the diff processors for CVS and SVN? See if you spot
anything, my best guess is that cvs error below is not being recorded to
stdout in a form that reviewboard diff processor can recognize.

Deniz wrote:
> Thank you, Christian.
> I tried cvs add but then I got the following result:
> cvs diff: <file_name> is a new entry, no comparison available
> I am trying review board for facilitating our code review practice. We
> have a primitive mechanism around cvs and bugzilla for post-commit
> reviews but we do not have anything for facilitating pre-commit
> reviews. I would especially like to be able to create review request
> with a code file without diff. It looks like it may be possible to
> write a repository class for review board to allow that.
> On the other hand, I have tried to post-review tool as well but I
> could not get it work. I am getting the following error:
> Error creating review request: The repository path specified is not in
> the list of known repositories (code 206)
> I put the following line into .reviewboardrc file:
> And, review-board repository settings are as follows:
> Hosting Service: Custom
> Repository Type: CVS
> Thanks again,
> Deniz
> On Sep 25, 12:41 pm, Christian Hammond <> wrote:
>> You just need to cvs add these files and then generate a diff. This model
>> (pre-commit reviews) are actually the model we had in mind when writing
>> Review Board.
>> We highly recommend using post-review for diff generation and uploading. It
>> will make life much easier. You can get this by:
>>     easy_install -U RBTools
>> See the docs on the website for usage instructions.
>> Christian
>> --
>> Christian Hammond -
>> Review Board -
>> VMware, Inc. -
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Deniz <> wrote:
>>> Is there any way to create review request for code files that are not
>>> added into CVS repository yet?
>>> I would like to be able to send review requests for classes that I am
>>> writing first time and not yet added into CVS.
>>> thanks,
>>> Deniz

To post to this group, send email to