This absolutely shouldn't happen. The last-update code is only on our master
branch for 1.1 alpha. I just checked the code and "last-update" doesn't
occur in there at all.  Was there ever an install of any part of 1.1 on that
system? Anything from the master branch in git?

I haven't heard this from anyone else yet, so it sounds local to that
server, but we should find out for sure.