I've seen Haystack but haven't looked into it very much. I'll take a look at these and see what we want to do from here on out. Maybe for 1.2.
Thanks, Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Chris Clark <[email protected]> wrote: > > Christian Hammond wrote: > > At the time we wrote search, this functionality didn't exist. However, > > it's still too limited for our needs. > > ..... > > I'm hoping to find a better solution in the long term, but I don't > > believe that the native database full text search is it. Now, maybe if > > we developed a custom solution that provided tables for storing the > > pre-processed search indexes and then searched from that using full > > text search. If we go this route, what I'd like to do is split off the > > search functionality into its own django app in our tree > > (reviewboard.search) and add a backends directory with different > > search backends (fulltextdb.py, pylucene.py). We'd then need a nice > > API that wraps the backends. I'd be all for a solution like this. > > Have you seen Haystack? http://haystacksearch.org/ - specific to Django > (models) with a few different search backends implemented. > > The closest/similar thing is http://swapoff.org/pyndexter which is not > Django specific (but has not been updated in a while). > > Chris > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<reviewboard%[email protected]> > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
