Whilst I use other distributed SCM's I've only just started with git (as
ReviewBoard uses it) and I think I'm having some trouble understanding
git (and reviewboard).
What I'd like to do is post for review changes/diffs against a branch
(not master/bleeding edge).
E.g.
git clone git://github.com/reviewboard/reviewboard.git
git checkout release-1.0.5.1
## hack on stuff, e.g. git add myfile....
postreview.py --server=http://reviews.reviewboard.org/ --debug
Here is my output (note headrevs of rbtools and this is actually posted
explictly with -r1177):
>>> svn info
>>> git rev-parse --git-dir
>>> git svn info
>>> git svn --version
>>> git config --get svn-remote.svn.url
>>> git remote show origin
>>> repository info: Path:
git://github.com/reviewboard/reviewboard.git, Base path: , Supports
changesets: False
>>> git diff --no-color --full-index master
>>> Looking for 'reviews.reviewboard.org /' cookie in
/home/ingres/.post-review-cookies.txt
>>> Loaded valid cookie -- no login required
>>> HTTP GETting api/json/reviewrequests/1177/
>>> Uploading diff, size: 467617
>>> HTTP POSTing to
http://reviews.reviewboard.org/api/json/reviewrequests/1177/diff/new/: {}
Error uploading diff: One or more fields had errors (105)
>>> {u'fields': {u'path': [u'int argument required']}, u'stat':
u'fail', u'err': {u'msg': u'One or more fields had errors', u'code': 105}}
Your review request still exists, but the diff is not attached.
From the instructions near the end of
http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/codebase/dev/getting-started/#gettingstarted
("Posting Changes for Review") I get the impression this is not allowed?
The checkout is "based" on master but it is a different branch,
I guess this maybe a bug report too as it fails to post but does create
an empty review without printing out the review number. I ended up
browsing http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/ and looking at the top to
work out it had created one. Similar behavior if I just do a git diff
and try and use the web interface (i.e. get int arg required error).
Help!
Chris
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at
http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---