Whilst I use other distributed SCM's I've only just started with git (as
ReviewBoard uses it) and I think I'm having some trouble understanding
git (and reviewboard).

What I'd like to do is post for review changes/diffs against a branch
(not master/bleeding edge).

    git clone git://github.com/reviewboard/reviewboard.git
    git checkout release-
    ## hack on stuff, e.g. git add myfile....
    postreview.py --server=http://reviews.reviewboard.org/  --debug

Here is my output (note headrevs of rbtools and this is actually posted
explictly with -r1177):

 >>> svn info
 >>> git rev-parse --git-dir
 >>> git svn info
 >>> git svn --version
 >>> git config --get svn-remote.svn.url
 >>> git remote show origin
 >>> repository info: Path:
git://github.com/reviewboard/reviewboard.git, Base path: , Supports
changesets: False
 >>> git diff --no-color --full-index master
 >>> Looking for 'reviews.reviewboard.org /' cookie in
 >>> Loaded valid cookie -- no login required
 >>> HTTP GETting api/json/reviewrequests/1177/
 >>> Uploading diff, size: 467617
 >>> HTTP POSTing to
http://reviews.reviewboard.org/api/json/reviewrequests/1177/diff/new/: {}
Error uploading diff: One or more fields had errors (105)
 >>> {u'fields': {u'path': [u'int argument required']}, u'stat':
u'fail', u'err': {u'msg': u'One or more fields had errors', u'code': 105}}
Your review request still exists, but the diff is not attached.

 From the instructions near the end of
("Posting Changes for Review") I get the impression this is not allowed?
The checkout is "based" on master but it is a different branch,

I guess this maybe a bug report too as it fails to post but does create
an empty review without printing out the review number. I ended up
browsing http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/ and looking at the top to
work out it had created one. Similar behavior if I just do a git diff
and try and use the web interface (i.e. get int arg required error).

Happy user? Let us know at