It sounds like the generated diff is empty. If you add --output-diff to
those parameters, you should be able to see for sure.

if you don't specify a to:from, it will do, in your case, 24506:HEAD. If
that's what you're wanting, then we should find out why exactly this is
failing, but if that's not the expected range, you'll need to specify your
own from:to.

I don't entirely understand what your scenario is. Are you saying that there
are new files that were created in r24506 and those are the ones you want to
put up for review?