Yes, I want to do a post-commit review of the new files added/created
in an SVN revision without making any actual changes to the already
checked in files.

The diff is indeed empty (I already knew this, just thought it was
obvious and didn't share).

Basically, two possibilities:
1) How to get "svn diff" to output a diff of the HEAD.
  I played w/ "svn diff -r HEAD", and same w/ COMMIT, etc, but
couldn't get it to output anything.
  I must just be missing a switch.
2) post-review could detect (or have a switch) that if only one
revision # is specified (ex: --revision-range=1234) and the diff is
empty, then try something like an "svn cat", but with a diff
compatible output.

Pv