On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com>wrote:

> We haven't tested with files containing a BOM. It's possible something
>>> breaks from it. We'd have to test it.
>>>

>> I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but I happened to have come across an
>> OpenGrok issue with BOMs that my predecessor had been tracking and it made
>> me wonder.
>>

> Interesting. Do you have more information on what about the BOM broke it?
> And how it broke?

See:

http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=129297

I think that in that case, it was merely throwing up its hands because it
assumed that the file was binary. That isn't the case with ReviewBoard
because it usually works, and only intermittently fails. I will be trying
out the debugging steps you recommended after I finish another side-project.
If I find the problem, I'll report it on the bug tracker (assuming it's a
ReviewBoard issue).

--
Aaron Sherman
Email or GTalk: a...@ajs.com