Can someone explain the following lines from the documentation:

"If you use Perforce, though, you’ll need to use post-review  instead
of the web UI. Note that this means you can’t just use a standard diff
generated by the diff tool. You’ll need to consult your version
control system’s documentation for information on generating diffs."

"post-review must be used if you’re using Perforce with Review Board,
as the diff generated by p4 diff doesn’t provide the information
necessary to properly display a side-by-side diff."

I am interpreting this to mean that I cannot use Perforce's built in
diff tool (P4Merge). But, you could interpret this as meaning you can
use P4Diff with post-review. I am currently up and running using
Perforce + GNU DiffUtil which is working fine, but I just wanted some
clarity on this point (it would save having to install another 3rd
party tool).

What is it exactly about Perforce that limits the use of the WebUI?

Thanks,

 - Ron