Hi,

Someone worked on patches long ago for this but they were never completed.
They're a bit outdated now given changes in Review Board.

I don't know how your code works, but I believe Django has support for HTTP
Auth now (django.contrib.auth.backends.RemoteUserAuthBackend). It actually
doesn't completely do what we need. It'll automatically create User objects
for any new attempt at login, which is probably bad. What I'd do is subclass
this in our own backends.py file and set create_unknown_user to False. I'd
also create a new variable we can use to hide the Log In link (maybe
"hide_login_page" or something) and check that in the base.html template.

This backend must be used in conjunction with
django.contrib.auth.middleware.RemoteUserMiddleware. However, the middleware
assumes that we're absolutely using RemoteUserAuthBackend, which we won't
always be, so you'd also have to subclass that, override process_request,
and only call the parent method if the HTTP auth backend is used. That
middleware would need to be placed in the middleware list in
reviewboard/settings.py.

You'd then need to update Review Board to know about it
(reviewboard/admin/siteconfig.py and forms.py, I believe).

Hope that helps.